I wanted to go back to the Western Sicily for a long time but every time, for one reason or another, I always ended up elsewhere. Finally this time everything went smoothly and I decided to take advantage of a cheap Ryanair flight to Trapani to spend the April 25th long weekend in the area. I had already been to Sicily in spring and I consider it, together with autumn, the best season to visit it: all the fields are in bloom, the vegetation is luxuriant and the mild temperatures are perfect for moving around even on foot without getting sunstroke.
Where to sleep in Western Sicily
- B&B The scent of salt (Marsala): this b & b is located in the historic center of Marsala, just behind the main square. It has 3 very nice rooms and the breakfast is excellent. The owner is very helpful and will give you lots of useful information.
- The Planetaestate Foresteria (Menfi): this was the real gem of the trip! A boutique hotel immersed in the vineyards of the Planeta Winery, a perfect place to pamper yourself with excellent food, infinity pool, Turkish bath and fitness center. A high-level structure that will make you dream !!
- Le Cupole Suites & Apartments (Trapani): this property is located in the center of Trapani and has different solutions with or without a balcony. The apartments are furnished in a modern style and are very beautiful and functional. Easily accessible also by car.
3-day itinerary in Western Sicily
Day 1: the Mozia salt pans and the historic center of Marsala
Day 2: Mazara del Vallo, the temples of Selinunte and Sciacca
Day 3: the abandoned cities of Poggioreale and Gibellina and the temples of Segesta
You might also be interested in these other articles I wrote about Sicily:
- What to see in Palermo in 3 days
- What to see in Catania and surroundings
- Where to eat in Palermo
- Favignana: the beaches, where to sleep and where to eat
- Marettimo: how to reach it, what to see and where to sleep
- Levanzo: how to reach it, what to see and where to sleep
- 10 beautiful farmhouses with swimming pool in Sicily