Edinburgh advice on what to eat, typical dishes, typical products and Scottish beers.
- Scottish cuisine
- Typical Scottish dish
- Scottish Haggis
- Scottish meat dishes
- Scottish seafood dishes
- Scottish breakfast
- Scottish sweets
- Scottish beers
- Edinburgh pictures
La Scottish cuisine, unlike that of the Britain, is renowned and appreciated throughout Europe thanks to the quality of some products which are as delicious as the beef, salmon, smoked fish, seafood e cheese.
We point out that the Scottish cuisine, despite being sublime, it is hypercaloric in fact it is based heavily on fatty, fried and cholesterol-rich foods (the population of Edinburgh is subject to a great deal of cardiovascular problems).
Typical Scottish dish
Di typical Scottish dishes there are many but the one that is considered the best and most consumed of all is theHaggis.
THEHaggis Scottish is the the traditional Scottish dish par excellence and it is, in fact, a sausage made of sheep entrails minced together with oatmeal, onions, salt and spices that is prepared and served, usually, with neeps and tatties or with potatoes e snuff.
Others typical Scottish dishes I'm:
- Reested Mutton Soup: it is a soup made with dried and salted mutton and it is a purely winter dish that is prepared, nowadays, by very few restaurateurs.
- Mussel Brose: it is a broth of mussels, oats and chives and, at the time, it was considered the dish of the poor.
- Cock-a-leekie: it is chicken broth with prunes and leeks.
- Scotch Broth: it is beef or mutton broth with barley, carrots, carrots, cabbage, turnips and dried peas.
Scottish meat dishes
I typical Scottish meat dishes most consumed and appreciated are:
- Rabbit Pie: it is a rabbit stew covered with puff pastry.
- Roast Venison: it is roasted deer with blueberry sauce.
- Mince and Tatties: is minced and stewed beef served with mashed potatoes.
- Steak and Oyster Pie: is a beef and oyster pie.
Recall that the Scottish beef it is extraordinary and delicious and is known all over the world as Aberdeen angus.
Scottish seafood dishes
Il fish is one of the products par excellence of Scottish cuisine and here are the best dishes:
- Cabbie-Claw: it is boiled cod served with cayenne pepper and horseradish alo sauce.
- Tweed Kettle: it is salmon boiled in water and spiced wine spiced with dill and bay leaf.
- crappit heid: it is the head of the cod stuffed with oats and the liver of the fish.
Where to eat in Edinburgh
La Scottish breakfast it is a daily and indispensable pleasure and it is a real one gastronomic experience.
Here are the main dishes to make the Scottish breakfast:
- Porridge: it is a kind of oat polenta that is served hot or with a pinch of salt or with brown sugar and milk.
- Baps: they are very tasty sandwiches filled with fried eggs.
- Ayrshire Bacon: it is grilled bacon.
- Aberdeen Rowies: they are puff pastries made with butter and lard and stuffed with jam (the Scots use bitter orange marmalade.
Here are the best scottish sweets that you absolutely must taste:
- pudding: it is a kind of pudding or custard that can be accompanied by jam or dates (sticky toffee pudding).
- Dundee Cake: it is a cake filled with raisins and candied orange peel.
- shortbread: it is very buttery and crumbly shortcrust pastry.
Le Scottish beers more drunk and more famous are the malty and dark ones, such as Tennet's Super, Mc Farlan, Slalom Strong Lager, and Mc Evan's Lager.
To have all the Edinburgh information consultation:
- Edinburgh what to do and what to see
- Edinburgh tips and information
- Where to eat in Edinburgh
- Edinburgh nightlife