Eating in Gran Canaria, typical dishes and typical products.
- Typical Spanish cuisine
- Gran Canaria typical dishes
- Gran Canaria typical sweets
- Gran Canaria pictures
Typical Spanish cuisine
La Gran Canarian cuisine, as well as that of all Canary Islands, is very influenced by that ofAfrica and from that ofLatin america therefore it is considered one of the most open and multiethnic kitchens inEurope.
Also referred to as tropical, Gran Canarian cuisine it is based mainly on the fresh fish such as See viola and giallo, sea bass, tuna, sardine, snappers, pagricernie, salpe and many varieties of clams.
Very well cooked and much preferred by the islanders is the marinated rabbit which is really delicious while as fruits they are used a lot bananas, mango, ananas, avocado e papaya.
Travel to Gran Canaria: what to see and what to do
Gran Canaria typical dishes
La typical cuisine of Gran Canaria it is very simple and not very elaborate as almost all typical local dishes they are cooked with basic ingredients such as gofio (toasted corn flour i) and le potato (potatoes).
I typical dishes of Gran Canaria they are also flavored with spicy sauces le mojos and I'm the Mojo Rojo (very hot chili pepper sauce used for meat dishes), Il My Verde (sauce made from parsley and coriander used for fish dishes) and the Mojo Picon (sauce made from pepper, chilli and cumin).
Here are some of them typical dishes of Gran Canaria:
- Fried sama with green Mojo: fried fish seasoned with garlic, vinegar and coriander
- Rice with vegetables: risotto with chopped peppers, tomato, sweet corn and vegetables
- sancocho: fish that is part of the sea bass family that is first boiled and then served with corn and sweet potatoes
- Pot: it is a stew with beans, chickpeas, potatoes, saffron and chorizo (typical Canarian sausage)
- Rabbit salmorejo: stewed rabbit with tomatoes and potatoes
- Watercress soup: it is a very consistent soup made with maize, watercress, beans, potatoes, cumin and pork ribs
Gran Canaria typical sweets
Here are some of them typical sweets of Gran Canaria:
- Mole Eggs: they are egg yolks beaten with cinnamon and sugar syrup
- Vilana cake: it is a dessert made with potatoes, eggs and sugar
- bienmesabe: it is a cream of almonds and honey
- Rapaduras: it is an almond cake covered with honey
Gran Canaria beaches
To have all the information about Gran Canaria consultation:
- Gran Canaria holidays what to see and what to do
- Gran Canaria tips and information
- Gran Canaria most beautiful beaches
- Where to eat in Gran Canaria
- Gran Canaria nightlife
Gran Canaria pictures