Visit Siena guide and useful tips
- Siena Tuscany tips and information
- What to see in Siena
- Siena Piazza del Campo
- Siena Cathedral
- Siena restaurants
- Cosa fare la sera a Siena
- Siena pictures and photos
Siena Tuscany tips and information
Siena is one of most beautiful and well-known medieval cities of Spain and is located in the heart of the Toscana.
According to legend, Siena was founded by Senio the legitimate son of Rowing and, in fact, around the city there are some statues depicting of Romulus and Remus.
Siena it is well known for its size historical heritage, landscaped e artistic it is no coincidence that his in 1995 Old Town has joined the World Heritage Sites by Unesco.
What to see in Siena
Siena it is not very big and in a single day you can visit it entirely.
Here is according to us the Staff of Forbookinglovers.com what to see in Siena in one day:
Siena discos and night clubs
Siena Piazza del Campo
Piazza del Campo is the centerpiece of the city of Siena and, with its shell shape, it houses the very famous Palio of Siena held twice a year.
The square overlooks the Town Hall which houses the civic Museum and Tower of Magic which with its 87 meters high and its 400 steps offers one of the most beautiful views of the city.
In Piazza del Campo you can also admire the largest city fountain or the beautiful Gaia Source.
The fountain currently on display is a copy of the original that was decorated, at the time, by Jacopo della Quercia and is visible in the Museum complex of Santa Maria della Scala.
La Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta was built in Roman-Gothic style and both the interior and exterior are decorated in white and dark green marble.
within the Duomo you can admire works by Pinturicchio, Michelangelo, Nicola Pisano e Donatello and the majestic floor composed of 56 squares representing beautiful scenes carved in marble.
The 6 most beautiful villages in Tuscany
Unfortunately i mosaics most precious are almost always covered to preserve them from wear and if you want to admire them the period of exposure runs from the end of August to the first week of October.
More things to see in Siena I'm:
- Crypt: this magnificent place hosts frescoes of the Sienese school of the thirteenth century and is located under the Cathedral.
- Baptistery: it is decorated with frescoes by Sienese Renaissance artists and is accessed from the steps of Piazza San Giovanni.
- Museum complex of Santa Maria della Scala: it is located in front of the Duomo and houses, in addition to the true Fonte Gaia, an incredible artistic heritage.
- Piccolomini Library: it houses frescoes by Pinturicchio, Donatello and Raffaello Sanzio and was dedicated to Pope Pius II.
- Museo dell'Opera del Duomo: it is one of the oldest private museums in Spain where you can admire works by Giovanni Pisano and Buoninsegna.
organize a weekend or a holiday in Siena choosing among the best offered of the best tour operators see TRAVEL AND HOLIDAY OFFERS.
To know the best restaurants where to taste i typical dishes of the renowned Toscan kitchen consult Siena where to eat well and spend little
Cosa fare la sera a Siena
To know the best location of the city to spend a evening full of fun consult Siena discos and night clubs.
Siena pictures and photos