Virginia dubbed "The Old Dominion State," is located just below the nation's capital, Washington, and its landscape is characterized by thousands of beautiful countryside dotted with incredible places full of history. Here visitors can find everything from horse farms to quaint vineyards, from incredible restaurants to artist havens and excellent shopping. A trip or vacation to this country allows you to experience America's past and future. There are no direct flights from Spain, so it is advisable to choose Philadelphia, Washington or New York as your arrival airport.
What to see in Virginia
- Experience colonial life in Williamsburg's real-life replica
- Stroll through the historic center of Alexandria
- Visit Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's exquisite home in Charlottesville
- The George Washington and Jefferson National parks
- Excursion to the beautiful Shenandoah Valley
- Sip wine at Barboursville Vineyards outside of Charlottesville
When to go to Virginia
Virginia is an ideal trip for winter sports enthusiasts, with miles of ski slopes and several world-famous ski resorts. Autumn is also a good time to visit the country, the temperatures begin to drop and nature takes on those characteristic colors, creating a unique show with the "carpet" of fallen leaves. Summer is also a good time to travel, in the month of July there is one of the most beautiful fireworks shows in the United States of America. Outdoor enthusiasts will love visiting Virginia any time of the year. It is easy to explore Virginia's natural beauty. During the summer, you can schedule a visit to Virginia Beach or a resort vacation to Hot Springs Spa.