New Guinea information and advice on which is the capital, the flag, when to go, climate and temperatures.
- Travel to New Guinea advice
- Papua New Guinea what to see, attractions and excursions
- New Guinea capital
- New Guinea flag
- New Guinea when to go, climate and temperatures
- New Guinea time zone
- Papua New Guinea vaccinations and health information
- Papua New Guinea dangers
- New Guinea pictures and photos
Travel to New Guinea advice
La New Guinea is located inPacific Ocean and is the second largest island in the world after Greenland.
THEisola is located north ofAustralia and divided, politically, by State of Papua New Guinea (belonging to Oceania) and the region ofIrian Jaya (belonging to Asia).
Papua New Guinea what to see, attractions and excursions
La Papua Nuova Guinea it is characterized by vast mountainous areas and is crossed by many sentieri far and wide.
The major ones attractions of the island are without a doubt the excursions and diving.
Di itineraries for the excursions there are truly hundreds of them but one of the favorites is the famous Kokoda trail.
Safe countries to travel to and more dangerous destinations
Every year hundreds and hundreds of tourists love to canoe down the Sepik River and remember that the percorso it is difficult and tortuous so you have to be well prepared but above all well equipped.
I itineraries that we recommend are the one from Monte Wiheim and Madang, from Wedau and Alotau and from Lake Kopiago to Oksapmin.
La Papua Nuova Guinea it is the right place for those who love to do scuba diving as its depths have nothing to envy to those of the Caribbean and the Great Barrier Reef of Australia.
The most beautiful areas of the Papua New Guinea where to dive I'm:
- Port Moresby
- Wuvulu Island
- Milne Bay
Other attractions, towns and villages to visit in Papua New Guinea I'm:
- Port Moresby: is the capital of New Guinea and offers tourists museums, zoological gardens and the Parliament building.
- Madang: it is a very particular city as in the evening it is populated by bats while during the day it is a popular destination for underwater fishing.
- Wewak: Here you can admire truly incredible pieces of craftsmanship and rivers that offer crazy scenery.
- New Britain Island: here you can visit Rabaul which is a beautiful center at the foot of a volcano and you can make unique dives.
- Monte Hagen: this village has the characteristic of having a temperate and invigorating climate and resembles the wild west.
New Guinea capital
La capital of New Guinea is Port Moresby and the most populous city of the island as well as the largest tourist and commercial port.
The city was founded on an old area inhabited by tribe of Motu ethnicity and overlooks the Golfo in Papua.
New Guinea flag
New Guinea when to go, climate and temperatures
Il Papua New Guinea's climate is monsoon-equatorial as it is hot, humid and rainy all year round (the inland areas are slightly cooler).
On average the temperature minimums never go below 22 ° while the maximums are around 29 ° / 33 °.
Il best time to go to New Guinea runs from June to September as the risk of torrential rains is drastically reduced.
New Guinea time zone
Compared toSpain in New Guinea there are 9 more hours (8 more when daylight saving time is in effect).
Papua New Guinea vaccinations and health information
In Papua Nuova Guinea the most widespread danger of all is that of contracting the malaria but there is also the risk of contracting thehepatitis A and B, polio and typhus.
Recall that in New Guinea there is a high incidence of AIDS.
Un advice that we give you is to stipulate, before departure, ahealth insurance which provides for coverage of medical expenses and medical air repatriation or transfer to another state.
In capital there is a private hospital (Pacific International Private Hospital) but in the most urgent cases we recommend going to Australia.
Here are the vaccinations necessary:
- Yellow fever
- Typhoid fever
- Diphtheria and Tetanus
- Poliomyelitis and Measles
- Epatitis A and B
Other advice very useful that we can give you is to always boil water and eat well-cooked meat while as regards milk and its derivatives, if they are long-life, they do not cause any problems.
Papua New Guinea dangers
It must be said that whoever wants to do a trip to Papua New Guinea must pay special attention to personal safety.
Unfortunately, the crisis in this country, the respective lack of jobs and the disappearance of traditional social structures have inevitably led to an increase in crime.
Vi we suggest strongly of:
- Organize excursions and tours only with serious and qualified agencies
- Avoid wearing valuables
- Avoid high-risk areas of the island (the travel agency will give you advice)
- Women should not wear provocative clothing and should not be left alone in secluded places.
- Avoid traveling by public transport.
Unfortunately the danger of terrorist attacks cannot be ruled out.
New Guinea pictures and photos