Park of the Monsters of Bomarzo Viterbo. Guide, advice and information on how to get there, what to see, timetables and prices.
- Bomarzo Park of Monsters
- Gardens of Bomarzo
- The Monsters of the Bomarzo Park
- Leaning House Bomarzo
- Bomarzo Parco dei Mostri timetables and prices
- Park of Monsters images
Il Park of the Monsters, also known by the name of Sacred Wood e Villa of Wonders, is a natural park adorned with many portraying sculptures dating back to the sixteenth century divinity, monsters e mythological animals which is located at Bomarzo in province of Viterbo in Lazio.
This park was made in grotesque style byantique dealer e architect Pirro Ligorio commissioned by the then lord of Bomarzo Pierfrancesco II Orsini named Vicino Orsini.
Vicino Orsini he dedicated this intriguing park to his late wife Giulia Farnese and called him Sacred Wood.Visit Viterbo The City of the Popes
I gardens of Bomarzo or the park itself extend over an area of about 3 hectares of coniferous and deciduous forest.
All the trees and shrubbery of this Sacred Wood are pruned according to ecological criteria that respect theenvironment surrounding and the plant same.
These "gardens" host a plant species it's a fauna unique and are very protected and checked periodically.
Il path of the Sacred Wood of Bomarzo it was set up after World War II and is still in use and the statues and buildings main are:
La Leaning House is one of major attractions of the park of monsters in Bomarzo and it is uninhabitable and bare inside.
This house was built on a large inclined boulder at the foot of which there are two inscriptions "Crist Madrutius"and "The mind becomes wiser by resting therefore".
More statues and buildings of the Sacro Bosco I'm:
- The two Sphinxes
- The mausoleum
- I protect the Glaucon
- The group of the Tortoise and the Whale
- Fight between giants or Hercules and Cacus
- Nymphaeum and Venus on the shell
- Pegasus Fountain
- Piazzale dei Vasi, Neptune and the Sleeping Nymph
- Il Teatro
- The Elephant
- The Dragon
- The Ogre
- The temple
- Echidna, at the Fury of her Lions
- The Giant Vase, the Etruscan Bench and the Ram
- Proserpina, Cerbero and the Piazzale delle Pigne
La Villa of Wonders of Bomarzo it is usually open throughout the year except for complications and carries out the following times:
- From April 1st to October 31st it is open from 8:30 to 19:00.
- From November 1st to March 31st it is open from 8:30 am to sunset.
THEentrance to the Park of Monstersi is chargeable and i ticket prices are as follows (subject to changes):
- Adults or children up to 13 years the ticket price is € 10,00.
- Children from 4 to 10 years old the ticket price is € 8,00.
- Children under the age of 4 and non self-sufficient disabled people are entitled to free admission.
- Groups with at least 30 people the ticket price is € 8,00 instead of € 10,00
have more clarifications and more info on the Parco dei Mostri di Bomarzo contact the following telephone number (+39) 0761 924029.
To have all the information about Bomarzo consultation:
- Bomarzo Viterbo what to do and what to see
- Where to eat in Bomarzo