La Clock tower it was built in Renaissance style by Mauro Codussi in 1499, while the two wings were completed in 1506 by Pietro Lombardo. From its porch begins the Mercerie, a long and busy street, full of shops, which starting from St. Mark's Square ends near Rialto. The Clock Tower has a beautiful on the main facade towards the Piazza dial with blue enamels and gold plating indicating the zodiac signs with the moon phases as well as of course marking the hours.
The terrace of the Clock Tower has one at its center Bell which is beaten every hour by the "Moors", two bronze sculptures made by Ambrogio da le Anchore in 1497. The entrance to this splendid building is at the beginning of the Mercerie, on the left. The visit to the Clock Tower can be done every day but only his prenotazione, by calling the phone number +39 041 5209070 (full ticket € 12, reduced € 7). From the terrace of the Tower you can admire the square from a different angle.