L’art district di Wynwood
This area of Miami became famous in the mid-2000s, when the abandoned buildings of the former Puerto Rican neighborhood were occupied by artists and converted into restaurants, cafes, lounges and galleries. It is the hipster neighborhood of Miami, full of murals (artists from all over the world come to paint on these walls) and the beating heart of Art Basel Miami which takes place every December. This area is very beautiful both during the day and in the evening. Every 2nd Saturday of the month then there is the Wynwood Art Walk: all the galleries are open late and there is a lot of action in the area.
Key West e le Everglades
Rent a car (which, however, is essential for getting around Miami!) And go to the famous ones Key West. They cross well 45 islands connected together from a 182 km long road where you will have the sea and / or the lagoon both on the right and on the left. The scenery is memorable and the town of Key West is nice and has a nice beach for swimming and sunbathing. If you have time, also stop and visit the Everglades, the second largest natural park in America after Yellowstone.
A walk to South Beach to admire the Art Deco buildings
South Beach is the part of Miami that extends south of 21st Street and encompasses the largest part of the island of Miami. Collins Avenue and Ocean Drive are the clue streets that you can't miss if you love Art Deco, lined with the most beautiful buildings built in this style, starting right from the Art Deco Welcome Center. Also on Ocean Drive, at number 1114, there is the famous Casa Casuarina o Versace Mansion, the last residence of Gianni Versace in front of which he was killed in 1997.
Kay Biscane it is an islet with splendid sandy beaches not far from Miami Beach and from which it differs greatly, thanks to its idyllic landscapes, made up of splendid sandy beaches and cycle paths. In particular, it is absolutely worth a visit Crandon Park, a park of about 5 square kilometers with a splendid and very long beach inside.
Winter Music Conference
If you are a fan of clubbing and DJs (like myself), every year in March (for 30 years) this kind of dance music "fair" is held in Miami, for professionals but also for simple amateurs. More than 400 events, including parties, seminars and workshops related to the world of disco music and DJs.
When to go to Miami
The premise is that Miami is always hot. The difference is the humidity and the rains (which are from June / July to September / October). The best times to go are definitely autumn and winter, from October / November to April / May. Unless you are a teenager, if possible I would avoid the months of February and March, when the city is filled with drunk college students for Spring Break.
How much is spent
Miami is expensive! Considering the expense for food and accommodation, in Miami they spend more than 100/150 euros per day. Renting a rental car here is key and you'll need to add this expense to your vacation budget.
Aperitifs and clubs in Miami
- SLS Hotel (on Collins Ave.). On Saturdays they have a famous pool party, tamarro of course, but not to be missed. On Sundays there is brunch
- Mondrian Hotel Nice for a Sunday aperitif with super views of Downtown Miami at sunset and great music
- Nikki Beach: he has lost some of the shine he had until a few years ago, but he still has in his because despite everything. The right day is Sunday: brunch and evening with ballad on the beach
- Broken Shaker (Freehand Hostel Miami). Sooooo nice place to drink in Miami Beach. It is inside the Freehand Hostel. Excellent cocktails to be enjoyed in the garden overlooking the pool.
- Lagniappe. Very nice venue in Downtown Miami. Great choice of wines and live music (hipster / radical genre)
- Space Classic disco with mega djs. The evening starts on Saturday and lasts until noon on Sunday
- bardot: very nice lounge bar / club near the Art District. One of the best places for electronic music (but beware, sometimes there's reggaetton night!)
- Wood tavern : very nice place in Wynwood with a garden. Nice mood (hipster / radical genre)
- Segafredo: the bar (very Italian) on Lincoln Rd. where he gives us props before going to dance
Where to eat in Miami
- Wynwood Kitchen & Bar : very nice (and very good) restaurant right in the heart of Wynwood. Surrounded by beautiful murals
- Pubbelly : sushi bar with a fairly “particular” menu… but very good. In Miami Beach
- Casting & other Cuban cafes: don't miss the Cuban cafe in Miami Beach