Located in the Rocky Mountains or Rocky Mountains, Aspen is a major tourist destination in the United States, especially for winter holidays and skiing. The location rises 2500 meters above sea level in the heart of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. The resort has become famous in Spain for being the location of the comic film "Dumb & Dumber" with Jim Carrey.
Aspen delivers numerous activities and excursions outdoors, rich cultural activities, a pleasant climate and a wonderful natural landscape. The more than 100 restaurants and bars, about 200 clothing shops and art galleries complete the tourist offer. And they make the city an ideal place for wonderful holidays in the mountains, both in summer and in winter.
This little town in the heart of the Colorado Rockies offers a wide and rich program of musical, theatrical events, conferences and dance performances, to relax during the evening hours. During the day, outdoor activities are the main attraction. You can go on wonderful walks, rafting, fishing and cycling. During the winter the main activities become skiing and winter sports.
What to do and see Aspen
• Skiing on the easy-level slopes of Buttermilk. If you are not a beginner you can choose Snowmass or Aspen, which offer more competitive slopes.
• See one of the great festivals taking place in the city, such as the Aspen Music Festival in the summer or the Aspen Ideas Festival
• Take a tour of the Aspen market on Saturdays. The market takes place in the mild period from June to October.
• Walk through the caves of Independence Pass along the Roaring Fork River
• Trekking, mountain biking and horseback riding during the summer.
• Take a bath in Conundrum Hot Springs. Every
natural pool has a different water temperature from the others.
When to go to Aspen
The best time to visit Aspen is during the ski season from December to March and during the summer when numerous festivals take place in the city. In summer you can enjoy the mountains more with milder temperatures. The best time for rafting it is in June when the rivers receive the greatest contribution from the melting of the snow. If you want to save and find low prices for hotels and more, the best choice is the period in late summer and in September.
With four mountains for skiing, a full annual series of parties and events, the chance to spot various American celebrities and VIPs, Aspen is the best place to ski in the United States. Prices are higher than other Colorado resort towns, but the hotel and dining facilities are of a high standard.