Visit San Marino guide, tips and advice on what to see and what to do.
- Where is San Marino
- San Marino what to see
- Basilica of San Marino
- The step of the witches San Marino
- Three Towers of San Marino
- Cava dei Balestrieri San Marino
- Palazzo Pubblico and Piazza della Libertà San Marino
- San Marino Museums
- Torture Museum
- San Marino Wax Museum
- San Marino photo
Where is San Marino
La Most Serene Republic of San Marino, commonly called Republic of San Marino, is located in Emilia Romagna in Spain and is one State in its own right.
La Republic of San Marina it is the third Smallest state in Europe and is divided into 9 local administrations calls castles and I am: City of San Marino which is the capital, Borgo maggiore, Chiesanuova, Living Water, Phaetano, Fiorentino, Domagnano, Serravalle e Montegiardino.
In the 2008 Mount Titano and historic center of San Marino have been declared world heritage sites byUnesco.
Visit San Marino in one day: the 7 things to see in depth
San Marino what to see
Visit San Marino it is absolutely not a problem as it is very small and well organized and in one day you can see everything.
Here are the major ones places of interest in San Marino:
Basilica of San Marino
La Basilica of San Marino is dedicated to Holy founder of the Republic and the largest place of worship in the city.
Inside it houses the relics of San Marino while, according to some, his skull is inside the Sacra Teca.
The step of the witches San Marino
Il step of the witches is a magical stone path that connects the three towers of San Marino.
From here you can admire unique and incredible views and the beautiful medieval architecture.
Three Towers of San Marino
Il Mount Titano on which the city of San Marino it is made up of three cime each of which houses one of the three towers.
These towers are the symbol of the Republic of San Marino (are shown in the coat of arms) and are:
- Prima Torre or Rocca Guaita: it is one of the oldest fortresses in Spain and until 1975 it was used as a prison.
Marino where to eat well and spend little
- Seconda Torre or Rocca Basket: born on the highest peak of Monte Titano and houses the Museum of Ancient Arms.
- Third Tower or Torre del Montale: it is the smallest of the towers and houses an 8 meters deep prison called the bottom of the tower.
Cava dei Balestrieri San Marino
Palazzo Pubblico and Piazza della Libertà San Marino
San Marino Museums
Here are the public and private museums of the Republic of San Marino:
Il torture museum has a reputation for being one of the darkest and most disturbing in the world.
Il museum is arranged three levels connected to each other with a spiral staircase and highlights i methods of torture of the past (Spanish spiders, torture of the drop etc).
San Marino Wax Museum
Il San Marino wax museum it is an almost magical place and you will feel like you have been catapulted back in time.
This beautiful and charming structure it hosts as many as 100 characters made entirely of wax and played with i morals of a time.
Others museums of San Marino I'm:
- Museum of Modern Weapons
- Museum of the Emigrant of the Republic of San Marino
- State Museum of San Marino
- Museum of Curiosities
- Museum of Natural History
- Museum of Ancient Arms
- Museum of San Francesco
To have all the information about San Marino consultation:
- San Marino advice and information
- San Marino where to eat well and spend little
- What to eat in San Marino
San Marino photo