There are many curiosities about Las Vegas, some also useful to know and which could make visiting this eccentric city in the heart of the Nevada desert even more interesting.
The city of sin, gambling and entertainment, it's not just casino, slot machines and green tables, but also many attractions, places and structures that leave visitors amazed.
Like Dubai, too Las Vegas always aims to break a record or do something that makes people talk about themselves.
Curiosities about Las Vegas
• The inhabitants of the city of sin only over half a million, while the tourists who visit the city every year are over 40 million.
• Over 50% of largest hotels in the world are located in Las Vegas. As many as 15 of the 25 largest hotels in the world are located along the Las Vegas Strip.
• There are 320 i weddings which are celebrated every day in the city on average, making it the best wedding destination in the United States and second only to Istanbul in the number of weddings celebrated in the city. The minimum age to get married in Las Vegas is 16.
• Las Vegas is the brightest city on the planet, with 15.000 kilometers of neon lights that make it clearly visible even from space.
• The Venetian and The Palazzo with 7.117 rooms are thelargest hotel in the world.
• The highest attraction in the world is Big Shot. Located on the Stratosphere tower, reaches a height of 329 meters.
• Each visitor spends time in the casino of the city the average of 4 hours a day. Casinos, in order to increase the average stay of visitors, do not have clocks in the gambling halls.
• There is about one slot machine operational for every eight Las Vegas residents.
• The player who has won the most money was Australian tycoon Rupert Murdoch, winning $ 25 million in just one weekend.
• The bronze lion the exterior of the MGM Grand Hotel weighs 50 tons, making it the largest bronze sculpture in the country.
• The profit of all casinos present in the city is over 7.000 million dollars per year. This allows for much lower hotel rates than other tourist destinations.
• The city hosts Las Vegas High Roller, the tallest Ferris wheel in the world.
• The sum of all the rooms offered by the hotels in the city is over 130.000 rooms.
• About 34% of theft and cheating in casinos Vegas is committed by the staff.
• The Sfinge at the Luxor Las Vegas casino hotel, a re-creation of the Great Sphinx of Giza, is 101 feet high (over 30 meters) and is larger than the original.
• When erect, the neon cowboy outside the Pioneer Club in Las Vegas it was the largest mechanical sign in the world.
• Upon opening, the Wynn Las Vegas it was the most expensive hotel and casino in the world.
• By number of rooms, theMGM Grand Hotel & Casino it is the largest hotel in the country and the 2nd largest in the world.
• With 3.933 rooms, theHotel Bellagio has more rooms than the number of residents in the city of Bellagio, Spain.
• The electricity bill for the shining pyramid light of the Luxor Hotel it is $ 51 per hour.
Las Vegas is and always will be one of the most stunning cities in the world. On a trip or vacation in the West of the United States, it absolutely is a destination not to be missed.
You might also like:
- Where to sleep in Las Vegas: the best hotels
- What to see in Las Vegas: the best attractions
- The best free attractions in Las Vegas
- What to see around Las Vegas