What are the best museums to visit in Barcelona? Help and useful tips on how to save and which ones are free.
- Barcelona museums
- Most beautiful museums in Barcelona
- Picasso Museums Barcelona
- Barcelona Design Museum
- National Museum of Catalan Art Barcelona
- Joan Mirò Foundation Barcelona
- Sunol Barcelona Foundation
- Barcelona Card and Artiket Bcn
- Barcelona museums for free
- Barcelona museums pictures and photos
Barcelona is the city of Gaudi, is a magical city where you can admire the real one Catalan art and the real one contemporary art.
This enchanting city of multi-ethnic and cultural charm hosts a wide choice of museums some of which are among the most important in the world.
Most beautiful museums in Barcelona
Let's find out what are the most beautiful museums to visit in Barcelona:
Picasso Museums Barcelona
Il Picasso Museum in Barcelona it was inaugurated in 1963 and houses pre-adolescent portraits of the artist.
Unfortunately this beautiful museum does not offer a complete "picture" of the Picasso's works but “tales” of the formative years the artist spent a Barcelona.
Barcelona clubs, pubs, disco tips for fun and nightlife
Il Picasso Museum hosts the greatest attraction The entire cycle of Las Palmas (ben 58 TV) and if trova in Montcada, 15/23 Ciutat Vella.
Barcelona Design Museum
Il Barcelona Design Museum was inaugurated in 2014 and is located in the building of Design Hub.
This very special museum is dedicated to design, All 'decorative art andobjects and collects collections from the Museu de Ceramica, Mesu de les Arts decoratives, Gabinet de les Arts Grafiques and Museu Textil de la indumentaria.
Il Barcelona Design Museum is located in Placa de les Glories Catalanes, 37.
National Museum of Catalan Art Barcelona
Il National Museum of Catalan Art o MNAC is one of the most important of Barcelona as it contains the soul of the city.
Here you can admire a beautiful Gothic style collection, an incredible collection of the Romanesque period and many mosaics removed from churches located on Pyrenees.
National Museum of Catalan Art is located in Parc de Montjuic, Sants-Montjuic.
Joan Mirò Foundation Barcelona
Il Joan Mirò Foundation Museum it is very beautiful and has the characteristic of being luxurious.
The building was designed by Josep Lluis Sert (former dean of Harward's school of design) and houses 150 sculptures 225 paintings and over 5000 drawings by Mirò.
Barcelona family holidays
Joan Mirò Foundation Barcelona is located in Parc de Montjuic, Sants-Montjuic.
Sunol Barcelona Foundation
Il Sunol Foundation Museum was inaugurated in 2007 and houses an art collection (1200 pieces accumulated over 35 years) by Josep Sunol that he was a businessman.
The feature of this museum is that it also houses works of Picasso, Warhol, Gargallo and every six months the exhibition changes so it seems to always visit a different museum.
Sunol Barcelona Foundation is located in Passeig De Gracia, 98.
Atri museums to visit in Barcelona I'm:
- Francisco Godia Foundation Museum - Diputacio, 250.
- Antoni Tapies Foundation Museum - Aragò, 255.
- Cosmo Caixa Museum - Carrer d'Isacc Newton, 26.
- Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Culture (CCCB) - Carrer de Montalegre, 5.
- Pavillon Mies Van Der Rohe Museum - Avenida Francesc Ferrer Guardia, 7.
Barcelona Card and Artiket Bcn
How to save on museums in Barcelona!
Thanks to Barcelona Card you can save a lot of money as this sort of subscription includes thefree entry to many of the museums we just talked about.
Recall that the Barcelona Card also includes unlimited access to public transport and lots of discounts on major attractions of Barcelona.
THEArticle Bcn is a card that includes access to 6 most important museums in Barcelona at really low and affordable prices.
Barcelona museums for free
Let's see now which are the museums in Barcelona to visit for free:
- Picasso Museum - free every Sunday from 15 to 20 pm (reservations required from the museum website).
- El Museo Blau (Natural Science Museum) - free all day every first Sunday of the month while the others (Sundays) from 15pm to 20pm.
- Jardin Botanico (Museum of Flowers) - free all day every first Sunday of the month while the others (Sundays) from 15pm until closing.
- Montjuic Castle - free every Sunday from 15pm to 20pm.
- Muhba (Museum of the History of Barcelona) - this museum is divided into 7 sections 3 of which (Muhba El Call, Placa del Rei and Via Sepulcral Romana) are free every Sunday of the month starting at 15pm.
- Maritim Museum of Barcelona - free all day every first Sunday of the month while the others (Sundays) from 15pm to 20pm.
- MNAC - free every Saturday from 15 pm and the first Sunday of each month.
- Cccb - free every Sunday from 15pm to 20pm.
- Hospital de Sant Pau Modernist Precinct - free on the first Sunday of each month from 10 am to 15 pm.
To have all the information about Barcelona consultation:
- Barcelona useful travel tips
- Barcelona clubs, pubs and discos
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Barcelona family holidays
- New Year's Eve in Barcelona
Barcelona museums pictures and photos